Leadership team will hire and train staff, create framework for Summer 2018 middle and high school programs
Annapolis, Md. (December 11, 2017) – Maryland Leadership Workshops, a division of Leadership Maryland, has announced its 2018 leadership team. These 12 individuals will be responsible for creating the framework for each of MLW’s five peer-led, week-long middle and high school programs to be held in July 2018, as well as its year-round community outreach programs. The leadership team will also hire and train the staff who will work directly with MLW’s more than 300 delegates.
The 2018 MLW leadership team is:
- Nia Calhoun of Anne Arundel County, Director, Advanced Leadership Seminar
- Kori Jones of Howard County, Director, Bridge
- Emma Graybill of Anne Arundel County, Director, Journey
- Sandra Goldstein of Calvert County, Director, Middle School Experience in Leadership
- Tres McMichael of Baltimore County, Assistant Director, Middle School Experience in Leadership
- Emily Peterson of Howard County, Director, Senior High Workshop
- Jessica Qiu of Howard County, Assistant Director, Senior High Workshop
- Alexya Brown of Calvert County, Outreach Director
- Nick Schmitz of Calvert County, Outreach Assistant Director
- Diane D’Costa of Howard County, Staff Training Coordinator
- Rick Mikulis of Howard County, Staff Training Coordinator
- Ben Kilduff of Carroll County, Staff Recruitment Coordinator
“Establishing our leadership team is an important milestone each year, as these individuals play a critical role in shaping our curriculum, as well as hiring our staff and overseeing their completion of an extensive two-month training program,” said Anita Durall Anderson, Executive Director, Maryland Leadership Workshops. “These leaders were chosen for their demonstrated enthusiasm and passion for our programs, as well as their commitment to delivering a challenging, inspiring, and fun experience for our future delegates.”
To learn more about Maryland Leadership Workshops, please visit www.mlw.org, or contact Anita Durall Anderson at 301-444-8623.
About Maryland Leadership Workshops, a division of Leadership Maryland
Maryland Leadership Workshops is Maryland’s premier leadership development program for middle and high school students. In existence since 1955, Maryland Leadership Workshops has provided generations of participants – known as delegates – with an incomparable experience to discover and develop strengths and skills essential to lifelong leadership. Using the model of facilitative instruction unique among youth leadership programs, delegates take ownership of personal development as they grow in self-awareness, set measurable goals, and collaborate with peers in diverse groups. To learn more, please call Maryland Leadership Workshops at 301-444-8623 or visit www.mlw.org.