We are pleased to announce that Maryland Leadership Workshops is now accepting applications for New Staff Members for the Summer of 2015. Being an MLW Staff Member, or “Magic Maker” as we like to call it, is a very rewarding experience.The job description is below. We encourage you to apply! The application can be filled out online – just click here. Applications are due by .
If you have any questions at all regarding the application process, please contact Olivia Keithley, Staff Recruitment Coordinator, at email@example.com.
MLW Summer Program Staff Job Description
- Planning and implementing a week-long summer leadership program; including, but not limited to, curriculum based workshops, large group meetings, committee meetings, and individual or small group sessions.
- Supervising and being responsible for the safety of a group of students, ranging in size from 5 to 40 people.
- Being onsite during, attending, and participating fully in all events listed on the program schedule.
- Acting professionally and as a positive role model at all times.
- Demonstrating commitment to MLW’s mission and core values.
- Motivating, supporting, and communicating openly with all staff members.
- Directly reporting to assigned Team Leader and/or Program Director or Assistant Program Director.
- Attending and participating in all team planning meetings and staff training days.
- Working with a partner and/or group to create and implement assigned curriculum/workshop.
- Meeting deadlines set by Team Leader and Program Director and/or Assistant Director.
- Staying in contact with fellow staff members by reading and responding to communications in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the safety and security of any and all delegates/participants under their direct supervision.
- Contributing to a comfortable environment for all staff members in order to promote personal and professional growth.
- Serving as a nonvoting member of the Program Committee.
- Following the emergency and safety policies of MLW and respective host facility.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Communicating and working effectively and efficiently with directors and fellow staff members.
- Providing and soliciting feedback on program components, including, but not limited to individual performance.
- Creating useful and effective workshop handouts.
- Able to work independently, in pairs and small groups.
Preferred Knowledge and Education
- Passion for youth development and leadership.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, engage and participate in all workshop related activities, work in extreme weather conditions (heat and/or rain) and a variety of environments (indoors and outdoors).
- Sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
Team Leaders: (additional duties)
- Manage 2-4 other staff members.
- Participate in Team Leader meetings, calls, and trainings presite and onsite.
- Delegate responsibilities to other staff members.
- Facilitate the growth of fellow staff members.
- Communicate regularly with directors regarding team’s progress.
- Plan team meetings on a regular basis presite.
- Support other Team Leaders presite and onsite.
- Ensure that team is meeting necessary deadlines.
- Review and Approve Team Reimbursements.